Best Sound of Electric Bass in the World

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ctn2, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctn2

Jan 6, 2003
    This question for people who own or play many electric bass .

* Fodera or Sadowsky

Thanks a lot
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
  4. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    If you want the "best sound of electric bass" in the world, I would refer you to the album Led Zeppelin II. If you want to know which sounds better between a Sadowsky and a Fodera, there is no comparison. These two companies try to achieve two completely different sounds and are geared to two very differnt styles of players with different mind-sets. Fodera basses are positioned more towards modern, slap, and jazz players. They are a unique invention all to themselves in sound, design, and appearance. Most Sadowsky players are Fender Jazz Bass freaks who are looking for improvements upon a great, classic instrument and design. You'll find a lot of rock and roll, pop, blues, country, and funk players going for Roger's basses.
  5. ctn2

Jan 6, 2003
    Thankyou JPJ this information help me a lot of 2 company make intrument .I listen Victor Wood play
    Fodera bass but not Sadowsky
  6. :eek: ........deep....... i mean, talk about going above and beyond the call of duty.........
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    English is not your first tounge is it? Well, those tones are not "The best in the world" they are, however, very good. victor wooten does indeed play a fodera, but mayne bassists might prefer the tone of another, their is no one "Bass tone that beats all the rest" there is only the tone that YOU think is the best in the world, and THAT is what you should try to find.
  8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Oh, but there is one bass that beats all the rest. And that would be a Modulus Q5 with Barts.:D :p

*IMHO,of course *;)
  9. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    It's spelled tongue! If you're talking about English here. . . .:oops:

Okay, for bass content. . Tung basses are nice, and sometimes I use tung oil to finish my basses.
  10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i beg to differ. the best sound of electric bass in the world is moving pictures. :)

good answer to the original question. however, i'd say that conkin makes the best bass in the world. :D after all, i better say that, considering how much money i have invested in conklins.
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    DAMN! I always do that, when i try to say "Use puctuation please" I ALWAYS SCREW UP!! AHHH JUST LIKE THAT! All i ment is he was talking in broken english. so i just wondered where he was from, but didn't bother to ask.

I'll refrain from talking now.....
  12. Lee Sklar seems to know how to get A best bass tone in the world.
  13. TommyHeathen13

Sep 11, 2010
    Is the 4001/3 Rickenbacker mostly a rock bass or can it be used for Jazz as well?

Or is it all about the amp settings?

14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    And that's why Lee Sklar plays Dingwalls.
  15. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    In my opinion, the best bass sound in the whole world is the sound of a fretless bass (even though I don't play fretless).

I just love that sound and regret selling mine. :(
  16. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    He certainly does. I was watching Lyle Lovett on Austin City Limits and everyone was playing rather traditional, toned-down instruments.....but not Lee. Crazy blue modern damned Dingwall.

Which sounded GREAT.
  17. No, if you use a Rick for jazz the world will implode. :bag:

But seriously, I don't see why not it can't be used for jazz (I've never played one though. You can use any bass for any genre.. but whether you think it sounds good or not is totally up to you.
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    why was an 8 year old thread necroed for -that-? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.