Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best sounding six?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MoTown, Dec 15, 2002.

1. MoTown

MoTown

Nov 27, 2002
    I am looking for a six that can reproduce each string's tone well. Do any of you have a favorite name choice for six string basses?

2. I like Dingwall, partly for this very reason.

Check my thread above.

Geoff

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    My Warrior Signiture 6 string has great string to string balance. Probably the most even sounding bass I have played. Though I really like the Dingwall design as well.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    There is no best! Its all a matter of opinion and what your looking for in Tone.

If your looking for High quality 6 string check out, Benavente, Smith, Fodera, Ken Lawrence, Bebenasee, Wal, Elrick, Roscoe, Ritter, mtd, Brubaker.

My point is there are quite a few out here. Do some research on what you like. Also you might provide a price range becuase these manufacture fall in different price ranges.

Thanks and good luck,

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What Brian said. There are lots of excellent choices out there. You can add Hanewinckel, F Bass, Sukop and Stambaugh to that list. A buddy of mine just got a Crescent Moon 6 and he's extremely happy with it.

Good luck.