1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best source of 22 AWG wire?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by thiocyclist, Jan 20, 2013.

1. thiocyclist

thiocyclist

Sep 19, 2012
    I am looking for a reasonable amount of tinned 22 AWG wire (I finally got through my last 20 feet). I was thinking of going cloth pushback again (I like that it doesn't burn) but I don't like the lack of colors available in cloth. Wondering what people here like and use for multi-colors. Also wondering if a 20 AWG would be a good thing to try.

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    mojo has the real pre-tinned stuff, where it's tinned after the bundled strands are together. that kind is good because it bends and stays bent like solid-core wire without being brittle like solid-core wire.

stew-mac has the cloth-covered version of the same thing.

no point in going to 20 AWG, it gains you nothing inside a guitar except being bulkier.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021