Best stand alone pedal: Eh bassballs or Dunlop 105q bass wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Just like the question ask. Its time for me to invest in a wah of some type, and I'm not really sure which of these would stand alone better. My next purchase with probably be a big muff. Help me decide guys with a little pro/con action and thanx.;)
  2. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I vote 105Q.

I have both pedals and the 105Q is more versatile as a wah. The bassballs pretty much just sounds like a bassballs (not a normal wah type of sound).
    The 105Q does have to be manually activated (with your foot) but it does have the nice vol and Q knobs to tweak the sound to your liking.

The bassballs has a fairly unique sound and is automatic, but the overall effect is very different than the 105Q. It is more of a 1 trick pony.
  3. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    ahh but like the stingray :rolleyes: the one trick is very VERY good
  4. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest

Nov 10, 2002
    the bass balls really was made for distortion, it is the best distortion pedal ever. its production of wah's can be beaten by that pedal though.
  5. BassBalls has been my all time favorite defect pedal for a long time and it will likely continue that position. I like the fuzz and fuzz not and can get a buncha different sounds depending on the sensitivity setting, pickup, bass and attach, funky-synthy-what the h......