1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Straps for Unbalanced Basses.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Asomodai, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Asomodai

Asomodai

Jan 21, 2006
    London UK
    Hey guys.

I am having problems with trying to get a good balance (Unsuprisingly) With my BC Rich Ironbird, I bought the bass knowing i would need a decent strap so here i am!

I need a strap, Preferably with velcro or other grippy material, Wide etc.

[​IMG]

I will not move the the strap pins.

Bare in mind i am in the UK so i need to be able to order it at a place which ships to the UK.

Rob.

2. steve21

steve21 Banned

One of them 4" leather Levy's straps'll do ya.

3. Thinkarogadum

Thinkarogadum

Jun 11, 2006
    NE OH
    Look for a strap that has suede on the underside, or something like suede that won't slip. A nylon strap won't make a difference in balance.

4. kdlunde

kdlunde Guest

Nov 8, 2006
    I'll second that... I use a Levy's suede strap with my Warwick Thumb 5. Thumbs are known to have heavy necks, but I've never experienced neck dive when using a Levy's suede strap.

5. Yeah, what they said. Mine is a Franklin brand from GC. It's soft glove leather on the top and suede on the bottom. Any bass I hook it to stays put.

6. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

Yep.
    A wide suede strap absolutely works.

7. There's an 'ergonomic' strap made by Levy that has a contour that fits over your shoulder. It's petty pricey, but it holds my Epi Thunderbird (another balancing nightmare) in one position pretty well.
    Good Luck To You!

8. bassdriver

bassdriver

Jun 8, 2005
    FL