Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best string for a 6 string bass?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TravellinMan, Nov 29, 2003.

1. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    What is the most versitle strings for a 6, I was using Ken Smith's and these were hard to get back in stock in my music store! So I bought a pack of La Bella's Hard rockin' steels, and these took about a week to get the tone I was lookin' for! I play Rock, Country, Blues, and Jazz I need a real versatile strings!
    Help!

Take care
    TravellinMan

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Steel or nickle???

3. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    Thanks!

Take care
    TM

4. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Have you tried calling us to order them?

We get calls every day from musicians to order strings that they can't find locally or when the store is out of stock. We ship same day !!

We cannot control how or when each store orders but we can control our stock and sales policies.

If a person calls or Emails us needing strings, he has made his last call. Look no further. We will take care of the order on the spot.

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ...umm..you're welcome!?!?!?:meh:

6. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    No I have not, your strings are the best I have ever played! Thanks for taking the time I didn't expect to get a response from you! Never seen a company do this thanks!

Take care
    TM

7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I agree, Ken Smith's are some great strings! I use the rock master medium's with a .030 high C and a .125 non-taper low B. They are among the most comfortable and best sounding strings I've ever played. Been using 'em on my 6 strings for the better part of 10 years now.

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I use Foderas and DR Sunbeams