1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Strings for a Pbass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Old Ell, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Old Ell

Old Ell

Feb 24, 2002
    St. Paul, MN
    I'm sure this has been posted a thousand times, but I'm in a hurry and don't have time to look at other threads:( sorry. Anyway, I have a mex Pbass and i wanted some opinions on the best sounding strings for one for around 50 or 60 bucks. I like to go for deeper, fuller tone if that helps.

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    D'Addario Slowounds.

3. Why not give TI Flats a try? Everyone says they are really good, and are really worth the money spent on em.

But in any case, flats always sound good on a Precision. :D

4. Fender Pure Nickels. Especially for a 4-string. Most everyone totally dismisses them because they're old-fashioned and made by Fender but they are the best IMO. Remember, gotta specify PURE nickel. Not the regular "Supers" or whatever; most stores do not have the Pure Nickels so you'll have to look around. :)

5. I picked up a set of TI flats and I'm enjoying them on my Pbass

6. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I allways liked the sound of Fender Flatwounds on a Precision. However, that may not suit your style. For rounds, I would definitely go with D'Addario Slowounds