Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Strings for a Pbass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Old Ell, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Old Ell

Old Ell

Feb 24, 2002
    St. Paul, MN
    I'm sure this has been posted a thousand times, but I'm in a hurry and don't have time to look at other threads:( sorry. Anyway, I have a mex Pbass and i wanted some opinions on the best sounding strings for one for around 50 or 60 bucks. I like to go for deeper, fuller tone if that helps.

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    D'Addario Slowounds.

3. Why not give TI Flats a try? Everyone says they are really good, and are really worth the money spent on em.

But in any case, flats always sound good on a Precision. :D

4. Fender Pure Nickels. Especially for a 4-string. Most everyone totally dismisses them because they're old-fashioned and made by Fender but they are the best IMO. Remember, gotta specify PURE nickel. Not the regular "Supers" or whatever; most stores do not have the Pure Nickels so you'll have to look around. :)

5. I picked up a set of TI Flats and I'm enjoying them on my Pbass

6. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I allways liked the sound of Fender Flatwounds on a Precision. However, that may not suit your style. For rounds, I would definitely go with D'Addario Slowounds