1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Strings For a Rick

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 24, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've been using Rotosounds on my Rick I really like the nice bright sound I get after about 2 weeks of playing them but after a month or 2 the get really dull, so i'm looking for strings that are rounds and have a lasting bright sound. Something like Nanowebs?

2. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    Nanowebs, I know, last very long but are very expensive. I've heard DR's last quite a bit longer, and the high beams will give you a similar tone. Dean Markley Blue Steel's also have a similar tone to Roto's.

3. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Unfortunately a Ric is very unforgiving when it comes to string wear. You may find a brand that sounds like it did when new for a bit longer, but there is no better match for a Ric than "new" Rotos. If that sound (a great distinct one at that) is the one you crave, that compromise is one you should accept. I would search for the best price I could find, and buy in bulk.

4. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    Best strings for a Rick, are no longer made. D'Addario XL Reds. Copper coated. They didn't last long, but they were also really cheap. About 10 bucks a set. Bought them because I broke a string and needed a cheap set. Man they really my Rick sing! If only they would make them again......sigh...