Best Strings For a Rick

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 24, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've been using Rotosounds on my Rick I really like the nice bright sound I get after about 2 weeks of playing them but after a month or 2 the get really dull, so i'm looking for strings that are rounds and have a lasting bright sound. Something like Nanowebs?
  2. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    Nanowebs, I know, last very long but are very expensive. I've heard DR's last quite a bit longer, and the high beams will give you a similar tone. Dean Markley Blue Steel's also have a similar tone to Roto's.
  3. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Unfortunately a Ric is very unforgiving when it comes to string wear. You may find a brand that sounds like it did when new for a bit longer, but there is no better match for a Ric than "new" Rotos. If that sound (a great distinct one at that) is the one you crave, that compromise is one you should accept. I would search for the best price I could find, and buy in bulk.
  4. chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    Best strings for a Rick, are no longer made. D'Addario XL Reds. Copper coated. They didn't last long, but they were also really cheap. About 10 bucks a set. Bought them because I broke a string and needed a cheap set. Man they really my Rick sing! If only they would make them again......sigh...