1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

best strings for a Thunderbird Goth Bass??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Crazyeyes135, May 13, 2010.

1. Crazyeyes135

Crazyeyes135

May 13, 2010
    So lately ive been contemplating on replacing the strings on my new bass. Right now im loving the sound and just want to put new ones on. What would be the best string choice for this bass? I may be joining a band very shortly and they will be playing mostly drop C, however there may be a few songs in drop D. thanks for any help

2. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    DR Black Beauties. Not just because they match the color - but the tone works very well for a Mahogany bodied Thunderbird.

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    What makes you think there would be a single best string for it? String choice is subjective. The strings adding a small voice tweak to the sound. I like GHS, Rotosound, Ernie Ball in some cases, and perhaps Dean Markley Blue steel when wanting extra bright. I dont like DR, Daddario, or Elixer strings at all. Poor voiceing to them for me.