1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best strings for a Yamaha BB415

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Zebrdee, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Zebrdee

Zebrdee

Mar 1, 2009
    Just got a second hand Yamaha BB415 and wondered what are the best strings for it. The originals have been replaced by unknowns. I would prefer them to have the red silks to make it look like the original strings if possible.

Thanks, Zebrdee.

2. Yapser

Yapser

Aug 14, 2007
    That would be something like Rotosounds, they have those red silk ends.

Stock string are Yamaha brand if I recall correctly. Hard to find, but they exist. :)

3. Zebrdee

Zebrdee

Mar 1, 2009
    Thanks Yapser.

4. Yapser

Yapser

Aug 14, 2007
    They do a bit of fret chewing if I recall correctly, although not everyone agrees with that. :)

I'm not quite sure which brands have red silk ends too, maybe stainless steel D'addario's?

5. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    the best strings are the ones you like. Yes that means buying a few packs and switching them around, and then doing it again.

6. Brick Top

Brick Top

Dec 7, 2008
    Michigan
    My yamaha BB300 had strings with the red silky thingys on them when I bought it used....but I have tried a few sets since then(4 months). I really like the DR Lowriders the most. No red thingys....but nice tension and great tone.

Cheers,
    BT

7. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Red thingies on strings are over-rated IMHO.

8. kramerj

kramerj

May 22, 2003
    Iowa City, IA
    I have a Yammie BB415 and replaced the original strings with GHS Boomers. Nice sounding set, red silks, and solid B string.

9. Joe Murray

Joe Murray

May 14, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    You beat me to it. I was going to suggest GHS Boomers for all your red silky needs. :)