Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best strings for aucustic

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by tgabor, Oct 7, 2003.

1. tgabor

tgabor

Oct 7, 2003
    I would like to replace the original?? strings on my new acoustic. Recommendations and why please.
    :help:

2. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I only use the Phospher Bronze strings on my ABG's
    Diaddario makes a set as well as GHS. I have 4
    ABG's and use these strings on all of them, it gives them alot more volume & tone then regular strings when playing un-plugged.
    [​IMG]

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I use LaBella black nylon tapes on both my ABGs. Tone to make you wet your panties!

4. I have only used the Diaddario Phospher Bronze strings on my Guild B4CE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

TI Acousicore Strings are really exceptional strings for ABGs. Amazing tone, dynamic response and they last forever.
    Quite low tension and light gauge, these are the only string specifaiclly designed for ABGs and piezo pickup systems. As such they do ot produce any of they dreaded, and unwanted, "harshness" sometimes assoiciated with piezo systems.

They also can take your playing to a new level of "touch sensitivity" as they are very dynamically responsive and incredibly well-balanced. This means that a vast array of times is yours to be had at your fingertips.

I use these on all of my ABGs and Electric-Acoustic basses.
    BTW, my primary performance basses are both A/E's (fretted Godin A4 and fretless Godin A5..both with TI Acousticore strings). I am able to get both true acoustic sounds, faux upright sounds and electric sounds, with great ease, only dependent on finger placemment (even slapping and tapping). And, playing an acoustic in an electric setting I have never been asked if I can switch to a solidbody electric bass.

Max

6. Valid points. I use TI's on most of my other basses but I have been redicent to try them on my acoustic.

I think I'm going to try some ths week.

Do you have any suggestions as to which ones? You posted Acousicore. How do they compare to bronze strings?

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Ti Acousticore's (a.k.a. Acoustic Bas Strings) are bronze wound over nylon core. This seperates them from other bronze strings, as the others do use a ferrous core. The stiffness of this core, and it's materials, is inherent to the "clackiness" found in some piezo systems.
    TIs do not exhibit this.

Max

8. What he said BIG TIME! I use nothing but black tapes now and OMG do they sound sweet.