Best strings for Fender Deluxe P bass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by seansbrew, Jan 17, 2005.

1. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I just got a new Fender American Deluxe p, the one with the humbucker. Anyway with the active electronics and very bright sound of this bass, what are other Deluxe P players using? It is a four string witht the standard fender strings ( 40- 100)
  2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Hmmm... the stock strings on mine had a 110 E string, which I don't care for. Regardless, mine is now strung with DR Sunbeams- nickel, round core, 45-100. To my ears, a great combination. Warm midrange, smooth feel, modest tension. I love 'em! They are also on my American Deluxe Jazz and Reverend Rumblefish. Good Luck! :)
  3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Actually, I'm not sure what gauge is on the bass, I was going by what the salesmen told me. I have already been thinking I would go with a nickel string, thanks for the reply I will start off with the DR.
  4. If you want R/W's with plenty of low end, punch, and decent mids and highs...try GHS boomers.

If you want flats try D'Addario Chromes
    Plenty of punch, good lows, excellent mid/highs for a flat wound string.
  5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    For R/W you may also want to try D'Addario XL's. Nice tension, last a reasonably long time and sound very middish with a strong bottom end. I also tend to like Fender strings (7250's) which have a nice sound and excellent tension as well. Generally it is a good idea to change the strings that come on a bass ASAP as they get pretty beat up at the store etc.