Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Strings for Fender Jazz V

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rllefebv, Feb 14, 2004.

1. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hey Folks,

Buying my first five string after years of playing fours... I'm currently awaiting delivery on this '96 Fender Jazz V and want to have some strings waiting to throw on... I've read good and bad regarding the 'B' string tension on the Fender's and believe that the string itself plays a big role. So... those of you that have one, what are your favorite strings and how do you like your 'B'??

I have searched and found a few opinions, but I thought I'd revisit the topic specifically for the Fender's. Thanks in advance for your help...

-robert

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have a Fender Am. Dlx. 5'r, and I liked Pedulla strings the most on this bass. The Pedullas seemed to have the tightest B-string out all the brands that I've tried. I also liked DR Lo-Riders quite a bit. I have Elixir Nanos on the bass right now, and I like them as well, but the Pedullas are still my favorite for this particular bass.

3. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    My favorites on that bass were TI Jazz Flats and DR Highbeams. IMO the B string speaks better when strung through the bridge instead of the body.