Best strings for my Ibanez soundgear

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by gus, Dec 31, 2001.

1. gus

Dec 31, 2001
    Madrid (Spain)
    ;) Hello everybody!! I´m looking for the ultimate strings for my ibanez soundgear, could you suggest anyone?? Graciaaas
  2. j0 !

welcome to talkbass dude :D

About the strings.. what kind of sound do you wish to get ? and also very important.. how much are you willing to spend on them ?
  3. gus

Dec 31, 2001
    Madrid (Spain)
    OK Mr Van Dijk. My English is as poor as my music knowledge, so I try to explain myself the best that I can (Here we go).

The sound I´m looking for is the best to paste with my band ( delayed guitars, hard drums and funky keyboard); I´m try to research a non metalic sound, with raw fundamentals, clear mids (I use armonics so often) and powered highs (Very often the bassguitar take the melodic responsibility) Joder, it seems a letter to Santa!!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I´m looking for a ideal. The costs not the problem (not yet)

Thanks for your help, AllodoX (nice web)
  4. Welcome to talkbass!!!
    It's nice to have a few more peorle who own sound gears. ( most ppl here play fenders and so on)
    Hope you like it here
    oh yeah ... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Rock on
  5. Non metallic sound... clear mids and powered highs.. It seems, undoubtfully, that you're looking for stainless steel strings :)

They sound real clear and full, but not everybody likes the way they feel.. Nickel strings feel a little smoother..

I would reccomend you to give Warwick red-labels a try :) I've got them on my EDC, and i really love them. and they're reasonably priced ( about € 30,- )

but this is ofcourse imho.
  6. DR lo-riders, stainless steel.
  7. dancehallclasher wisely stated...

DR lo-riders, stainless steel.

Like he said...

8. I'm thinking DR High-Beams would be a good choice.
  9. I use Fender Stainless Steel strings on my ibanez. It sounds beautiful concidering the price of them both together is less than $300. The variation in musical style you can get from them is amazing. I can use them for anything from jazz to funk to nu-metal and the tone is perfect everytime. The main thing I like about them is their feel on the fingers. I'm surprised to hear that most people dont like steel. Their loss.
  10. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i have dr's on my soundgear and i like them. i've only had my sr for a little over 2 years and haven't tried too many different brands on them, and i like the dr's the best so far. (the others that i've tried are blue steels and the ibanez strings which are 1/2 copper, 1/2 stainless steel.)