Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best strings for punk...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yo, I was wondering what strings would be suitable for a 4-string Yamaha RBX 370 if I wanted to play punk e.g. NOFX, Face to Face, Lagwagon.

I know that a fair few bands use Ernie Ball, so are these recommended? I have about £30 to spend ($40-50).

Opinions greatly appreciated.

2. check out the thread below called" punk strings". That might help you

3. I've always used Ernie Ball strings since I started playing. I'd say they were good for punk. They are pretty inexpensive, too, which is always nice.

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    If your like most punk bands, than jsut get anythign around $20 ( somethign you can afford to toture cause the tone isn't gonna amtter much on most punk songs). that said, ernie balls, or dean markleys...nice n' cheap..

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    why make a new topic on something that's on the front page?! you don't even have to do a search!

CLOSED.

PEOPLE PLEASE do some looking around before you post. i know there's not that many different things you can talk about with strings but most everythign has been talked about before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.