Best strings for Skyline 55-02

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jermyandhisbass, Dec 28, 2002.

1. My dealer has a brand new Skyline 55-02 Deluxe on the way. He is bringing it over next week to let me try it out, and if I am satisfied I will buy the beauty. I was wanting to get string ideas so that I have some choices to try if I don't like the ones that come with it. I like the brightness of steel strings and use BlueSteels on my Warwick Thumb. I want to be able to string thru body and have been told to get a tapered B string. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    jerm, there aren't that many that will string thru the body and put the taper in the right place. The only ones I can think of at the moment are Fender 8250's (round core nickel with tapered E and B) and DR Long-necks (stainless taperwounds) which I think come in both STB and top-load lengths.
  3. dumeril7

Oct 21, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Personally, I'd stick with the standard Lakland strings, which are stainless steels with a tapered B made by GHS. The equivalent to their Super Steels. I think they work well with the Lakland basses and they sell them at a reasonable price on the Lakland website.