1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best strings for spector sound on a Rebop

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ysand, Feb 17, 2008.

1. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Hey all.
    I got my Rebop 5 a few weeks ago and as i suppose it's equipped with spector strings, which sound very good to me on it.
    The problem is, that i don't have any place in greece selling spector strings, so i need to know what good alternatives i could have to keep the same sound :)

2. towsonbassist

towsonbassist

Oct 15, 2006
    Try rotosounds, maybe 66's? Keep away from Ernie and GHS, they do not sound spector-esque at all.

3. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    How about D'Addario?

4. I'm not sure if Spector strings ReBops out of the shop with their Stainless Steel or Nickels (Perhaps you might want to drop PJ@ Spector a line regarding that?) but I use D'addario ProSteels on my fretted ReBops and find they're very good for the prototypical Spector high-end chime.

5. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Hmm, seems that i'll try D'addarios or DRs :D
    Thanx for the help Ian and towsonbassist

6. neuromancer

neuromancer

Apr 28, 2005
    CT, USA
    I'm a fan of Dean Markley SR2000's myself for the Rebop. They have the tapered ends which I have found work well with the Spector bridge, especially where the B is concerned.

7. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Hmm, i'll try to check if i can find those too