Best style of music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Elfy, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Hey Everyone i am just wondering what everyone in here is into as in music. Me myself i like the punk and ska! What is everyone else in. And while we are at what do you think is the best song to play on bass?
  2. I like rock, country, blues, jazz, classical, baroque, romantic, punk, post punk, metal, art rock, folk, progressive rock and whatever Primus is. Probably some others too, I just can't name all of them now.
  3. What he said. :D I'm like most people am very open to other musical styles but no favorite now
  4. So now that i have a idea on some styles what would be the best song to play on bass
  5. well which style to you want? i got them up the yin yang
  6. Well fender what do you got in punk or rock
  7. Anything by the ramones. really easy. nirvana smells like teen spirit. blink 182 is easy on bass.
    under the birdge by RHCP is easy. PM me if you want more
  8. You asked for the best styles of music to play on bass. By best, do you mean the easiest? most complex? Which holds bass as the most dominant instrument? Then they're all the right answer, the bass part is what you make of it in a song.
  9. Industrial, Metalcore & cybercore

( cybercore = metalcore with a lot of sampler/synthesizer stuff in it )
  10. Jazz, Blues, Blues Rock, Rock and Roll, not the new stuff, ska W/O horns, emo, country, metal, umm, i cant think of anything else.

Actually, I dont like much ska at all, mostly just op ivy
  11. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Industrial, goth, metal, punk (and by that I mean REAL punk eg. the ramones not blink182)
  12. heavy metal, death metal, punk (<b>REAL</b> punk <b>NOT</b> that blink 182 stuff, but i do like some blink 182 stuff) and some alternative
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Metal (death, black, heavy, take your pick), Hard Rock, Alternative, Punk, A little Funk, Rock, Some techno (very little though). And Celtic music. Love those Celts...
  14. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    There isn't really any "best" style of music, as far as I'm concerned - if you like it, it doesn't really matter what it's labelled as.
  15. YEESSS!!! I always quote punk and ska as my favourites too!
  16. Punk, pop-punk, emo, metal, heavy metal, thrash metal, christian metal, stuff among the lines of that. except for ska, i really don't like ska.
  17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I try to listen to just about everything I can, whether I like it or not. Gives me a lot of different ideas for my own playing. :D

As far as my personal faves, there are too many different styles to list.
  18. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Word! Same here.
  19. Georgia

Aug 29, 2000
    London baby !
    goth glam and 80s rock.
  20. Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999