Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best TalkBass Signature

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Who out there thinks they have the coolest signature? The funniest signature? Or just a signature that they think everybody needs to see?

For most of my time at TalkBass, I have not had a signature. The only one I had was a link to my former band's website. I haven't had one because I believe that it takes attention away from what I am trying to tell people (which may actually be a good thing). I also don't like it when people have signatures that take up about half a page. (Wasn't there one guy who's signature was like 2 pages of periods and spaces or something like that?)

But recently, I came across a Shakespeare quote that may actually be worth making a signature out of:

"I have strung the very bass-string of Humanity," (Henry Prince of Wales, Henry IV). (Shakespeare actually spelled it 'base', must be a typo:p )

Anyway, let's see those sigs!

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mine's been pretty static for a while now. The Short Cut line has been there for about a year, maybe more, and the Autobots bit has been there since...meh, May? Something like that.

As for the best? Dunno. Probably Peter McFerrin's sig whenever he quoted me (about 4 times). :D

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hands down, best sig ever. DanceHallClasher's "Your favorite Band sucks." I swear I'm going to make a T-Shirt of that someday.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Nice Fantomas avatar StupidMatt.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Did Fantomas use that on something, because it was first on the cover of Mr. Bungle's "Disco Volante." Another fine Mike Patton group if I do say so myself. :)

6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    When myself, Nick man, and NickB9876 have posted in the same thread, ours are the best :smug:

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

I might be wrong but I believe you can buy such a t-shirt at www.theonion.com. At least they used to sell them and that's probably where DHC got the saying. They also had one that said "I am in a promising local band" or something to that effect.

brad cook

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Nope, my brain is faulty, as usual. I just felll apart at the Mike Patton connection.

9. :D you get my vote too

and cmon, do i get an honorable mention for creativity... :p

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i agree, i laugh everytime i read it

12. Aye.

Me too.;)

13. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I agree.

I laugh hysterically every time I see your sig, Mike.:D

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    why don't you have a signature mud flaps?

15. I need someone to make a stupid comment on this forum! The concept of Quote of the Week goes out the window when its been there for 2 weeks... :rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I followed a cactus and only felt almighty afterward

17. lateralus

lateralus Guest

Jul 21, 2002
    Mine
    *cant find arrow pointing down*
    ha ha seriously though I think I saw something from somewhere it was like
    Punk is dead.
    Long live punk.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ah, it's Ok. Sorry I said those mean things about you, I hope we can still be friends. ;)

Man, you guys sure are being egotistical, MY SIG IS 1337357! :meh: In that case, all of my signatures ever are the best.