Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best top ramen flavor?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Beef

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Chicken

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  3. Shrimp

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Oriental

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Pork

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Cajun Chicken

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Chicken Mushroom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chicken Vegetable

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. Spicy Chile Chicken

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. Creamy Chicken

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  11. Picante Beef

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  12. Picante Chicken

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Picante Shrimp

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  14. Spicy Vegetable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Teriyaki Chicken

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  16. I'm not punk enough for top ramen.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Finally, a post that is relevant to something! How many of us are alive today because of ramen noodles? 10 packages for a buck. And its some of the best food available.

So, whats your favorite?

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Its a tie between Chicken and Mushroom and Oriental. If I had to pick, it would be Oriental.

3. Chicken and oriental. 'nuff said:cool:

4. Right when I saw the last choice, I knew it was a MM thread..I'ma have to go Chicken tho, all time favorite here.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Really? I would have thought my name next to the thread title or perhaps my name and avatar on the first post would have given me away first...

:p

6. To tell you the truth, I didn't even look at who started it and the poll is on top, so I was lookin through em and saw the last one, thought "oh, its a MM post" and sure enough, I was right! Also, in my current state (almost dead) if I knew who started it, I would of forgotten within 10 seconds.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    While it's fun to experiment with all the flavors, beef is by far the best. I've survived on Ramen and cereal alone many times back in college.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Probably Creamy Chicken or Chicken, whatever you're in the mood for.

9. Top Ramen= substancless, nastiest food ever.

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Chicken!

By far, I can eat 20 of those a day.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Funny you shoudl say that, I read recently that too much ramen can cause some forms of cancer. :D

but then again, what doesn't? :meh:

12. any and all ;)

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    There was this simpsons episode, and the scene was a FOX news parody... and the little scrolling text thing at the bottom was like "Do Democrats cause cancer?"

it was funny.

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

MAN U GUYS R doofi!1!!!!1 OMG *** WUT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!!!1!!1 ANYBODY WIT A BRANE KNOWS TAHT PORK PWNS AL!11!111111!1!11!!1!!!11 OMG LOL WTFBBQ

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I think it was Hateater that suggested I put cheddar cheese in my ramen, at anyrate, I did...and it is very good.

but stay away from cheese flavored ramen...very yuck.

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oddly enough I've never once eaten Ramen noodles in America. In China though I ate them quite a bit. In most Chinese grocery stores they'll always have an entire aisle that's nothing but all different kinds of ramen noodles (yes, it was a ramen noodle wonderland). I'd compare them to the way we eat microwave dinners here. There aren't many microwaves over there but there are these big boiling water machines everywhere so people take ramen noodles with them all the time.

I preferred the onese that came packaged in it's own bowl with a little folded fork inside. Those were the most convenient.

brad cook

17. I prefer the ones that come in a bowl with dehydrated vegetables in it... But not too often, please.

18. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    pork or Chicken.

I have had to eat these for to long and to many times, Broke and no money for food ... 10 for a dollar. Now I don't think I could eat them, like mac and cheese, hambager helper you know the stuff thats OK just as long as you don't eat to much of it.

19. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    Oriental, chicken or shrimp. But you've gotta add your own stuff... green onions, sesame oil, fresh ginger, egg, chile oil, a little black soy sauce :)

my daughter eats Ramen dry with the powder sprinkled on top :spit:

20. Cup of Noodles? That stuff rules Top Ramen