1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Best" Tour amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkbassistfc, Jul 31, 2007.

1. hey guys,

I have been thinking lately, I love my Ampeg Svt-av, and mark bass sa450, but which one would i take on tour, if any. You see, i have to load all my gear in and out of the car and into the venue and vice versa, and i still want that ampeg tone without the back problems etc but the mark bass does not deliver that.

Also, i dont think carrying an all tube head is the best thing to do on tour because it may have issues only a service tech can fix. So, my question is, what would be the best tour amp that does not break the budget, has that ampeg in your face tone, is relatively light weight and is known for it's reliabilty?

Thanks heaps

Thanks heaps

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Both. Don't go to a gig without a backup head...that is just asking for trouble, especially if one is a tube head.