1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best tracking analog octave up with blend?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chris 'Wighat' Jordan, Jun 23, 2016.

1. My immediate use will be in front of an EHX B9.

2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Analog octave up is basically a fuzzy ring mod sound from frequency doubling - it doesn't really need to "track" like an octave down (frequency divider) does. The Octron has one, the COG T65 has one, and they both have blend options and sound cool. Other pedals that do it, like the EQD Tentacle or Lovepedal Believe, don't have controls at all! They just do their thing!

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The Micro POG is digital. Digital is however the way you want to go if you want a clean octave up.

bassbrad likes this.
  4. After reviewing the features of a few pedals, the utilitarian EHX Pitchfork looks like the best fit for me. Opinions?

Luke19Boarder likes this.
  5. I've got a pitchfork and use it quite a bit. I can't really compare with other units, but it tracks pretty darn well. I also really like that it has an expression in.

6. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    I use the newer Digitech Bass Whammy for octaves up and down. Oh, and whammy.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's digital as well, so long as you're fine with that.

8. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Also digital but the Mooer Tender Octaver is very good for the price.

Bastijnv likes this.
  9. SteveBass5

SteveBass5 It all sounds the same, It's all one song! Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I just got the Octave 2 from Mr Black. It has an octave up and down with a blend knob. So far I really like it. I get almost a organ sound with the right mix. When I push it with my Xotic BB Pre amp into my wah, I get incredible tones. Throw in the EBS octabass before the BB and I feel like I'm inviting the Devil into my house. IMAG0185. IMAG0184.