1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best tracking for bass out of these harmony units

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by almix12, Sep 28, 2008.

1. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    out of the following: (am i missing any) which has the best tracking for bass?
    DIGITECH
    IPS 33B
    HM4
    BHM4
    Harmonyman

Boss
    HR-2 harmonist
    PS-3 pitch shifter
    PS-5 pitch shifter

also any other reccomendations would be good
    thanks a lot,
    Alex

2. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    Also check out the Electro Harmonix "HOG" if your looking at harmonizers.

3. The HOG isnt an intelligent harmonizer.

4. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    hm yeah the hog is really good at what it does i hear, but i'm looking for more than octaves and 5ths

5. I've only tried a semi working (switched itself off after a second or so) PS-5.
    I seemed to handle low E ok but was just too irritating to keep running to really check it out.

MM

6. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    I haven't tried them all but I liked the IPS 33-b. :)
    Dirk

7. FWIW - The HOG also has a major 3rd (which never ceases to annoy me since I want both min and maj...).

8. almix12, i think you need to change your sig asap

9. Yeah, but it also has a step pitch shift, and an octave pitch shift, so you can get almost any combination you want. But it isn't designed to just push a button to get it. Plus it's huge.

I love mine, though.:bassist:

10. Yeah, it just frustrates me - I really wanted one and I'm glad I own it, but I find myself lamenting the lack of a minor 3rd slider. That and the weird chirpy thing that it does when using the 3rd and 4th octaves and/or making anything more complex than a power chord really chap my tookus.

11. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    okay so the hog is a great octaver but is very limited as a pitch shifter
    anyone had any more experience with the shifters mentioned?

12. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    and this could be an embarrasing question, but.... why?

13. Because you, like me, are not a supporting member and therefore are not allowed to sell your gear on talkbass.

14. I find that if I drop the LP filter down about halfway and only put the 3 and 4 octave about 30-50 % of the other sliders it kills some of the harsh but you can still hear them pretty clearly. YMMV.

15. the hog is great- but i wouldnt suggest it if pitch-shifting is a big part of what youre after. i got a ps-3 to compensate- and can vouch for the combination of the two- but if you want a single unit for harmony/shifting- i would recommend neither.

16. Cool - I'll give that a shot.

To all - sorry for the derail.

17. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    wellll if u can quote me something in the rules that says u cant say what u wanna sell in ones signature then ill change it
    and i'm sure the TB crew would give a warning

18. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    but we're getting a bit off topic

19. JoshC

JoshC

Nov 19, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    It would be nice if you would be respectful towards those who are just trying to help you out and keep you from getting banned.

20. almix12

almix12

Apr 3, 2008
    well i don't think they were disrespectful
    i didn't feel hurt by it and i hope he doesn't either
    all I was doing was questioning his statement of if I should change my sig on not. I honestly wasn't sure but I had a hunch i wasn't breaking any rules
    so i honestly asked if he could show me a rule i was breaking, I would change it
    sorry if it came off sarcastic or anything to anyone