Best tube amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Daffy Funk, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    so far -- the mesa d180 is the best i've heard for an all in one amp, great for bass and guitar. too loud though for guitar! to get it to sound its best it wants to be cranked, but that's blowing out the neighbors' windows. sold my plexi, and my hughes n kettner triamp after getting the d180. also sold my 400+. and my 300t.

must say though that fliptop tone is beautiful. stunningly so, when heard for the first time. love to own one someday.

2. bassplayin

bassplayin

Dec 5, 2005
    For cool lower wattage tube amps, one of my favorites is the Earth Sound Research Super Bass B-1000. 100 watts of warm 6L6 tube power, a simple 3 tube preamp stage, and a nicely voiced "deep" switch. Here's a pic of mine with an Avatar B112 Neo cab in red tolex. I love it!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/bassplayin/bassin003.jpg

3. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

These are the best sounding tube heads that I've ever owned and played.

A 1970 Ampeg SVT
    A 1968 Sunn 200S
    & A 1970 Ampeg B15S

As far as new ones, I've heard great things about Mesa.

George

4. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    That is one of the coolest rigs I've seen! :eek:

5. bassplayin

bassplayin

Dec 5, 2005

6. yup messed up its the svt300cl I meant. I just see alot of people using them and finding a close dealer to try one should be very easy--> everybody carrys ampeg but not everybody carrys Boogies and if they do they cannot advertise them online.

7. MESA BASS 400

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021