1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Tuner for Eb?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Phalex, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Last night we officially changed over to Eb tuning. I have an old digital tuner from the 80's that does a fine job for tuning to E, but Eb is a nightmare! It's a weird D# but there's no good way for me to find it consistantly.

I've been checking out the Peterson StroboStomp, and it seems to have all the stuff I'd need, but I'm just wondering if there is a better option as far as "bang for the buck" goes.

What are your experiances with the Peterson tuner? Is there a better option out there??

I'll probablly be placing an order tomorrow, so let me know what you guys think.

(If this doesn't belong in effects, I'm really not sure where it should go.)

2. It doesn't matter what key you're playing in. The purpose of a tuner should be to quickly track and accurately indicate the pitch of the note you are playing, and for those purposes I would recommend the Sonic Research Turbo Tuner. It is the best tuner I have ever used, in both areas. Even if I drop my B string to a G, it can tell me that it's a G in less than a second, something I've never seen another tuner accomplish. It is also less expensive and less fragile than the Peterson.

3. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Hey! That looks pretty sweet!

4. I have to second that.

I just bought a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner myself.
    It is a great investment and was easier (for me, I’m a Technotard according to my daughter) to use than the Peterson.

MM

5. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Today is the day! Sonic Research, here I come!!

Thanks for the input!

6. any chromatic tuner will do the job. chromatic tuners will show # and b notes, whereas a specifically "guitar" tuner will only tune to non colored notes. the boss tu-2 pedal will do it.