1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best tuner?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by simpy1, Apr 2, 2005.

1. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    The only two pedal tuners I have tried are the Boss TU-2 and the Korg DT10....and to be honest the Korg was way, WAY better. Much faster tracking, nice & clear, easier to see on stage. Doesn't matter a whole lot 'cause my Warwick never goes out of tune...but just in case I smack it on something on stage hehehe...it has happened.

Any better ones?

2. Ears

3. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    A couple of points on that:

1) I don't have perfect pitch, so the best I'll be is in tune with myself, which will nto suffice.

2) My drummer never shuts up, so I need something to look at on stage when I can't hear myself (of course there are the screaming fans too....)

But yes, ears are good.

4. :D

Good one.

IMHO - the Boss white pedal thingy is pretty good. Stange question though - are you using different tunings for songs?

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I was torn between the Korg DT-10 and The Boss TU-2 last week. I coulnd't decide which one to get and then I found this Rocktron product called the X-tune.

I have never used any Rocktron product so I knew nothing about it. I noticed that it was built like a small tank compared to the Korg and Boss. The aluminum case was nice and it has a low profile. It was $40.00 less than the Korg and $50.00 less than the Boss so I thought I would try it.

So far it works great on my four strings. I use a Fender Jazz and an Ibanez SRX300 and it tracks very fast and its accurate. The tunning LED's are very bright and easy to see. The Letters for the strings/notes are not on a seperate single digital read out like the Boss or Korg(maybe thats why it's cheaper) and they are harder to see but they are legible from a standing position.

I have not had the chance to try it on a five string so I don't know how well it will track the low-B.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ