Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sundogue, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    What, in everyone's opinion, is the best rack-mount tuner available? One that will tune bass frequencies, specifically a low B, fast and accurately?

I recently moved my amp and a compressor into a rack and I have one space left. I have a small Korg tuner but it is very difficult to read under stage lights and the low B is difficult to tune with it, so I usually end up tuning it by ear the rest of the way.

Any suggestions?

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I like the tuner on my Zoom 506 bass effects pedal thingy a lot. You hit a note and it shows you in red LED lights what note it is.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i use the korg dtr-1 for my basses, and it tracks well down to a low F#, below low B, believe it or not.

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Is the Korg dtr-1 rack mountable? I am not interested in any foot pedal types...only rack mount tuners.

Also, we tune down a half-step and it is important that I can easily read the half-step down. Is it easily read or adjustable to compensate?

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yes, it's rackmountable.

you can tune to any note you like - it displays the closest note you're trying to play, and how far sharp or flat you are.