Best tweeters?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Golem II, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Obviously, there's more to cabs than woofers, so which cabs do you think have the best built-in tweeters? (yeah, I know what some of you are about to say... the best tweeter is no tweeter... wise guys)
    The one on the Aguilar GS 112 is the best I've heard. Sharp, clear, and not as nasal as the ones I hear on SWR and Eden stuff. I'd like to try a Bergantino, though. Seeing as their new 1x12 without a tweeter is a couple hundred dollars cheaper than with one, that's one expensive horn.
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    bergie's are by far the smoothest and sweetest.
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

That is my opinion as well.
  4. OsQ

Jun 13, 2002
    deal with the tweeters is little difficult as most of manufacturers are using same kind of a fostex tweeter - so only difference is in the crossover.

anyway my solution was quite simple when i was buying my 4x10... i tried many, but got home with hartke's 4.5xl witch houses 5" aluminium cone driver instead of a horn or tweeter - very good!

before that i was playing exclusively 15" cabs and i never tought that i'd need horn - and when i played through them on gigs i never used them.

u should try out these hartke products if u like that singing upper registry without that screaming hights of horn -as i do.
  5. Much of that extra cost in the Bergi is for the crossover... while most cab makers use the same tweeter they almost all have different crossovers.
  6. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    I haven't had an oppertunity to audition any of the Accugroove products but I get the feeling that in a blind test their combination of construction and components is going to sound better.

I picked a 2-10" Bag End for many reasons, the smoothness of their HF coaxial driver/crossover was very obvious to my ears.
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Euphonic Audio. The cabs sound full range.