Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best unit for EQ presets?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aenema, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    looking for a unit to store about 4 EQ presets. eventually i might get into effects but i only need 4 EQ presets at the moment. id like it to be footswitchable for live situations. i was looking at the bass pod with fb4 pedal. ive heard a lot of mixed feelings about the pod though. any suggestions?

2. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
  3. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    hmm looks interesting. id like to have 4 seperate switches but i guess i could set mine in the order i would switch to them. thanx. anymore suggestions anyone?

4. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I use to use to have 2 parametric EQs in my rack to accomplish this. I'd love to find a singular device that does this.

When I got my BOSS ME-50b, I ditched the EQs. The Boss only has theoretically three bands (bass, treble, and variable mid-range). To me, this is an equitabel trade becuase.

1. I reduce the gear that I am hauling
    2. There are less devices in my signal chain, which means less "tone suck" and less that go wrong
    3. I have the EQ tones pre-set and can call up a "Geddy" or a "Geezer" tone with the touch of my toe.

That said, I did miss parametric EQ so I added the Yamaha NE-1. Sadly, this otherwsie excellent unit does not have an effect/bypass footswitch (or a provision for AC power), so I have to make adjustments, to me this is worth it.

5. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    well my eq settings are all very different so i really need at least 4 or 5 bands. i have a smooth groove tone - low and low-mid boost with high-mid and high cut. a groove tone with added mid range for growl. mid scoop with low and high boost for traditional slap. i leave my eq flat for tapping.

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It might be a bit over the top but why not ?
    [​IMG]

7. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    wow what is it and who makes it?