best unit for EQ presets?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aenema, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    looking for a unit to store about 4 EQ presets. eventually i might get into effects but i only need 4 EQ presets at the moment. id like it to be footswitchable for live situations. i was looking at the bass pod with fb4 pedal. ive heard a lot of mixed feelings about the pod though. any suggestions?

2. I THINK boss does one?

3. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
  4. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    hmm looks interesting. id like to have 4 seperate switches but i guess i could set mine in the order i would switch to them. thanx. anymore suggestions anyone?

5. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I use to use to have 2 parametric EQs in my rack to accomplish this. I'd love to find a singular device that does this.

When I got my BOSS ME-50b, I ditched the EQs. The Boss only has theoretically three bands (bass, treble, and variable mid-range). To me, this is an equitabel trade becuase.

1. I reduce the gear that I am hauling
    2. There are less devices in my signal chain, which means less "tone suck" and less that go wrong
    3. I have the EQ tones pre-set and can call up a "Geddy" or a "Geezer" tone with the touch of my toe.

That said, I did miss parametric EQ so I added the Yamaha NE-1. Sadly, this otherwsie excellent unit does not have an effect/bypass footswitch (or a provision for AC power), so I have to make adjustments, to me this is worth it.

6. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    well my eq settings are all very different so i really need at least 4 or 5 bands. i have a smooth groove tone - low and low-mid boost with high-mid and high cut. a groove tone with added mid range for growl. mid scoop with low and high boost for traditional slap. i leave my eq flat for tapping.

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It might be a bit over the top but why not ?
    [​IMG]

8. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    wow what is it and who makes it?

9. Behringer Ultra something!