1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best use of $400 (or less)?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trackskinz, Feb 27, 2013.

1. trackskinz

trackskinz

Nov 1, 2011
    Probably getting a GK700 or 800; need a cab, tight on $$.

Found these:
    -SWR Goliath III 4x10
    -Mesa Boogie 2x15

I like strong bottom end and punch.

Should I hold out for a GK212 Neo?

2. Barca_bass

Barca_bass

May 22, 2011
    I really enjoy my GK700 and Neo 212. I feel that it has plenty of bottom end and punch that you are looking for. I got my second Neo 212 for about what you have to work with. Buy used.
    I should include that I have no experience with the other cabs you have listed, but I have heard mostly good things about both. Try and play through them if possible.

Edit: I actually have played through an SWR Goliath III 4x10. A bassist let me use his rig and he had two of them. I remember really loving the sound of those cabs. I cannot remember the head that was used. IIRC, I really thought those cabs had a real warm sound with a lot of bottom end.

3. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Buy my Eden D410T. What city you in?

4. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    You could get a Aguilar TH350 for $424 right now at GC. I cancelled my order and opted for the Fender Bassman 100T so one is available:).

5. trackskinz

trackskinz

Nov 1, 2011
    Gainesville, FL

6. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker

Dec 4, 2010
    Ocala, FL
    Pm incoming.

7. TC.65

TC.65

Dec 20, 2008
    Carbondale IL
    I would say you can't lose with that 215 cab. It should sound awesome and will be very loud.

8. Between the two you listed I say go for the Mesa/Boogie 2x15. I have one and love it! No complaints.

9. The Peavey TVX412 cabs are scarce as hens teeth, but they do pop up on the guitar center used listings, and usually are under $300. Quite a deal for a cab that absolutely roars and thunders. Someday I'd like to have a couple, but i'm waiting for roadies to move them :/

10. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Both cabs are great. New school Mesa or Old School? If it's the older style those are beastly and produce a sound nothing else really does.

11. 2x15 all the way.

12. trackskinz

trackskinz

Nov 1, 2011
    What about a GK 210RBX ?

13. The Goliath is probably my favorite cheaper 4x10. I've seen these listed for under $300. Mesa anything under $400? Good luck.