1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Used Ampeg Head For Under 550

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spencer, Nov 12, 2006.

1. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    What are some amps I can buy used that are made by ampeg and above the B2-R. Is the B2-RE really worth all the extra money? All im looking for is best deal used for an ampeg, since all I really know about is the B2-R. Is there anything else out there that fits in this catagory.

Icame up with this little list. What would you guys get?
    B2-R
    B2-RE
    SVT450 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ead?sku=481756
    SVT-3 PRO?

2. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    SVT-3 PRO, is it a good choice? One is ending on ebay soon 4 hours and I'll probably take it.

3. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I'm going to be selling my B2RE in a 2 space rack case next week

4. I got my SVT-II for 500 :D

5. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    I know I said 500 but im actually concidering spending the extra money for the Ampeg Classic..... YEAA....

6. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    If you find a SVT-II for $500, buy it immediately! The three is a great choice with that price cap. An SVP-Pro or CL with a good power amp is worth looking at too, though it would probably run you over budget some. If you've got the finances for a classic, it's probably well worth it (though I'd look around for an SVT-II or a vintage SVT).

7. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    B4R, gem of an amp thats very under rated.

8. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    I use an Ampeg SS-150H guitar head. Its a whopping 300 watts of neck snapping solid-state fury @ 4 ohms and sounds fan-friggin-tastic. Its deep, punchy, its growls when you crank the input gain and its LOUD. Best $150 I ever spent. To sweeten it even more, I plug a Sansamp BDDI into the fx return and it growls meaner than a cranked SVT. I have also used a B4R on tour and it had plenty 'o power as well. But I didn't mess with the B4R preamp, I used my BDDI. Look at my profile to see the gear I own/have owned... I do have a little experience with this. :bassist:

9. Im pretty sure someone on TB also bought an SVT Classic at a garage sale for $300

So, keep your eyes open ;)

10. Hey mohawk, did you get to go to that sick of it all / dropkick murphys show that you have the poster from? Man, that would have been awesome.

11. No such luck, a friend of mine in the states sent it.

Lucky bas got to go to that show

Sick of it All
    Dropkick Murphy's
    Tiger Army

We just dont get punk gigs like that in the UK :'(

However, the Eastpak mini festival thingy (other poster), was pretty sweet :smug:

Sick of it all, 7 Seconds, Slapshot :D