Best, Violent Movie I've Seen this Year!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lbanks, Aug 18, 2005.

1. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    ...totally wild! Not for the faint hearted!
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I just saw 2 days ago. It's really not that violent, like, not gory or anything, I mean, it has its action, but nothing that made me cringe.

That said, the movie is totally radical otherwise and I really enjoyed it.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Saw it several months back.

Fairly ambivalent towards it, really.
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    No, not disgusting violent, but when they cut off the Gang Leader's leg and the beating given to the landlord by his wife, I'll admit, I was stunned. I'm not finish with it yet, (I want to save some for tomorrow... at work.)
  5. I just saw it 2 days ago. Very interesting stuff. Definitely amusing.
  6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I guess I'm one of the few that thought this "film" was a total waste of time. For me, I rate it as "The Dumbest Movie Ever".
  7. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    i'd check it out if woody allen hired a crew to do the voice-over work and worked in a secret egg-salad recipe
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wasn't this the same guy who did Shaolin Soccer? If I'm right about that then I definitely want to catch this one at some point.

brad cook
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, Brad, same dude.
  10. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    The House of Flying Daggers is real good...check that one out. It's not silly like Hustle though.

I did like Kung-fu hustle...I thought it was funny.
  11. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

just rented it last night , gonna watch it tonight ...
    hope it dosen't suck .

it would have to be really bad to rate " Dumbest Movie Ever " ...
  12. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I'll wait till they do the remake with Jackie Chan.
  13. Is the style of this movie anything like Shaolin Soccer? I watched that a few years back and really liked it. Also, is it in Mandarin, or Cantonese/other dialect?
  14. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    If you really want to see violent movie from the east, check out Ichi The Killer! Brutal stuff.
  15. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I looked up the Chinese characters and apparently they mean "Kung Fu". How original.

16. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    For me, it was. I guess it's humor was lost on me. I will surely say that if it wasn't the dumbest, then whatever was worse I must have repressed in my memory! :p
  17. Try looking up the characters independently. That's always entertaining. :)

And by the way, is "Kung" the Cantonese version of "Gong"? Or just the Americanization?
  18. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I finished it today... Best movie ever! Makes me glad I don't waste money on American flicks! I usually lose interest in a movie after a half-hour. I watched this completely and will watch again! In all, a good day's work! Next Shaolin Soccer!
  19. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland so gotta check out "Ong Bak"...the film itself is pretty standard "chop sockey" stuff but the lead..Tony Jaa is absolutely in..facking..credible..seriously this guy makes Jackie Chan, Bruce lee, Jet Li etc. look like arthritic grandmothers...

And not a wire or bluescreen in sight during the fight scenes.
  20. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Got that one ordered and it should be here Monday or Tuesday.:)