Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best violin basses??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Letterbomb, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Letterbomb

Letterbomb

Feb 18, 2006
    Hey there! I just wanted to ask your advice on which bass I should get, to be honest I don't have much of an idea. haha.
    At the moment I've got a "Stagg bc300 fusion" which I got as a beginner bass, and I'm now looking into violin basses, like the '62 Hofner, only that's way out of my price range! :( Which are the best value for money and have the best sound etc. for about £100-£250?
    I've got quite small hands so I was thinking maybe a short-scale bass, although I'm managing okay with the full scale I've got now so I'm open to suggestions for either type. Thanks! :smug:

2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Look for the Epiphone re-make of the Gibson EB-1. There are some on e-bay from time to time. Probably one of the nicest violin shaped ones available for a reasonable price. Their a solid body. Personally, I never liked the hollow ones much. There so light, that they don't seem to have much sustain, as I remember the cheapies to be.
    There is an original EB-1 Gibson on e-bay right now, but I'm sure it'll go real high. Last one went for 3300.00.

3. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I hear the Pollmans are good violin basses, er, uh bass violins...

4. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    -jay turser
    -rougue
    -brice ? at www.rondo.net
    -epiphone viola

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

6. Letterbomb

Letterbomb