Best violin basses??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Letterbomb, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Letterbomb

Feb 18, 2006
    Hey there! I just wanted to ask your advice on which bass I should get, to be honest I don't have much of an idea. haha.
    At the moment I've got a "Stagg bc300 fusion" which I got as a beginner bass, and I'm now looking into violin basses, like the '62 Hofner, only that's way out of my price range! :( Which are the best value for money and have the best sound etc. for about £100-£250?
    I've got quite small hands so I was thinking maybe a short-scale bass, although I'm managing okay with the full scale I've got now so I'm open to suggestions for either type. Thanks! :smug:
  2. joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Look for the Epiphone re-make of the Gibson EB-1. There are some on e-bay from time to time. Probably one of the nicest violin shaped ones available for a reasonable price. Their a solid body. Personally, I never liked the hollow ones much. There so light, that they don't seem to have much sustain, as I remember the cheapies to be.
    There is an original EB-1 Gibson on e-bay right now, but I'm sure it'll go real high. Last one went for 3300.00.
  3. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I hear the Pollmans are good violin basses, er, uh bass violins...
  4. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    -jay turser
    -brice ? at
    -epiphone viola

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

6. Letterbomb

Feb 18, 2006
    thanks for all your help everyone!