1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Warmoth bass body design(s) in terms of ergos and weight?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Oct 27, 2018.

1. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Are there Warmoth bass body designs that really stand out from the crowd in terms of ergonomics while seated/standing, balance and weight?

2. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    This my favorite so far - tele vibe with arm, tummy, and neck heel contours, and deep cutaway for upper feet access. Hits all the marks for me! 6D7C6822-A6CF-49E5-85E3-D9B7CEB6E093. A7DF6F47-14B7-4BF2-84A8-CF01402D92C4. 4E4C0408-E417-496C-A22C-2168F86E9C19.

osv and 2saddleslab like this.
  3. JZQuantum

JZQuantum Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Pearloid electronics cover...nice

JGR and osv like this.
  4. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    That is gorgeous!

JGR likes this.
  5. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Not into 5 strings at all or contours much but that is one of the classiest basses I've seen. That fact it's a one-off build makes it even more sublime.

JGR likes this.
  6. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Wondering if the Z bass or G4 are superior in terms of ergos and weight...

7. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    If you take a look at the Showcase, you'll see slightly lighter weights on the G4 for sure, probably because of the slimmed horns and the rear-routed control cavity. I have an ash G4 body myself that was 4 lbs. 6 oz. before routing for the twin MM pups and 7/8" output jack hole. IMO, the huge control cavity (when rear-routed) can keep the weight down. I can't address ergonomics- that's a matter of preference, and mine is not yet built up.