best warwick for rock/metal around £600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Frostytoaster2, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Frostytoaster2

Frostytoaster2 Guest

May 24, 2005
    i have had alot of change recently, i was gonna get the vampyre, but now it seems i cant afford it. I have played a warwick streamer and loved the sound, so what warwick do u think would handle drop D, and have quite a good tone for rock? i can only really afford 1's that are around £600-£700 new, and i was thinking bout looking for a used one sumwhere.
  2. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    A used Corvette or Thumb. Tried those Rockbasses?
  3. Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    The only Warwicks you will get for under £700 is the Rockbasses, however spend the same on a second hand thumb and you in for a treat.
  4. Frostytoaster2

Frostytoaster2 Guest

May 24, 2005
    well i was kind of thinking of the warwick corvette standard which i found for £600 new, but i have no idea wot this is like for rock, or drop D,
    and no, the only warwick ive ever played is the streamer
  5. Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Check for a used Corvette proline. It sounds really agressive and its also versatile.
  6. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    You could probably get a thumb4 bolt on for that, if you searched around a lot.
  7. Yeh, loads come up on eBay all the time. I got a Corvette Proline for 340quid off of it. Sold it on after a month for a healthy 200quid profit :)
  8. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Definitely the Corvette - Thumb just has too many issues ergonomically that can get frustrating when moving around alot on stage (long reach to lower frets, neck heavy thus needing constant support from left arm to prevent it diving).
  9. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    What the hell is quid? Is that slang for pounds?
  10. Yes, its our equivalent of "Bucks".

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna take a Robert Fripp up the old apples and pears and sit in me arm chair with a cup of Rosy Lee...*

*Note, no one in Britain actually talks like this!
  11. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
  12. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Best Warwick around £600 for rock/metal?!

That'll be a 'Spector' Euro/LX!! :p ;)

j/k :ninja: :bag: