Best Way to keep Bright sound

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by teprodic, Dec 29, 2003.

1. What's the best way to keep your strings sounding as if they were new fresh off the box? I use Lo RIders but after a couple of weeks the new sound left and now they sound normal and I don't really like that sound.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    keep your hands clean, wipe the strings with a clean dry rag after use and wiping with little rubbing alcohol on a rag will bring some snap back.
  3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Well, a lot of string brands lose their initial punch after a few weeks. I've never used Lo Riders, and I'm not sure if they have a reputation for lasting a particularly long or short amount of time between replacements. I do know that the Fodera Diamonds that I use maintain their brightness much, much longer than any other brand I've tried. Then again, all the brands I've tried have cost less than $40 for a pack of four strings.

Do your hands sweat a lot when you play? Sweat kills brightness, so if you do tend to sweat on your strings, take breaks to clean your hands. Also, if you play very frequently and/or aggressively, your strings will deaden faster, and the only solution may be to just change strings more often.