1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best way to secure a SVT6PRO on a 810 Cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ackdaddy, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Ackdaddy

Ackdaddy

Mar 12, 2009
    I just purchased a SVT6PRO and Ampeg 810 Cabinet after out growing my Eden Metro with a 15. The head needs a case or platform to secure it on top of the cabinet, what are my best options? I need a road case for the amp but it needs to secure into the holes on the top of the Ampeg cabinet, where is my best bet to get something road worthy?

2. You might be able to modify the road case so it is stable on top of the cabinet - possibly with some large rubber feet? I don't think you need to secure the head in to the holes on top of the cabinet per se.

3. BassScum

BassScum

May 1, 2008
    So Cal
    I had a 4pro in a rack and on top of a 810. It doesn't need to fit in the holes to stayed secured. The back of my case actually hung over the back of the cab and rested slightly on the towel bar. It stayed level and I never had any issues. If you're going to rack it you really have no other options that I know of. Actually correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the hole alignment on the 810 was designed to line up with the SVT CL and the hybrids don't have the same foot print.

4. The only thing thats going to fit in those holes is a SVT CL, and possibly the SVT-IIpro as far as I know,

you can unscrew those plastic cups, then any amp case will sit level and firmly on the top of the cab and not vibrate and slide around on those cups all the time.

I took off my plastic cups and carefully painted the wood inside black so it looks good, nobody can tell the difference if I put the plastic cups back on.

5. Ackdaddy

Ackdaddy

Mar 12, 2009
    I like the taking the cups out idea but I do not currently have a case for the amp head what cases are the best for the price and where should I purchase one?

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The 6Pro is oddly long, front to back. Standard rack cases are too short. I bought a RoadRunner case (21"L) that fit it perfectly, and between the two, it's plenty heavy enough to not worry about "anchoring" it to the cab. Good luck.