1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best way to set up my new pedal board? Help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fallenreilly, Jan 5, 2012.

1. fallenreilly

fallenreilly

Dec 8, 2011
    Hello,

I'm relatively new around here but you guys have been super helpful with any questions I've had thus far so I figured this would be the best place to start.

I recently got a line6 bassxt live pod unit, a foxx fuzz/wah/volume and a sansamp driver. I've never played with too many pedals before and was wondering what the most ideal way to set them up would be (what goes first/last etc..) Any reasoning/explanations would be great. Thanks so much!

-Reilly

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Well, it's only the 3, so try them each possible way, and go with what sounds best.

3. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    +1 the only way to know also if one makes the other clip. try all combinations and take the one you like better without clipping if that's what you want...

4. I've heard a good place to start is to put tone modifiers first, then time modifiers, but since you only have the three I'd say line6 first, then fuzz/wah/volume, then sansamp. I like my volume at the end of the chain, tuner at the beginning, and figure out what's best between them.