1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Way to stack these cabs and why?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Nov 15, 2006.

1. What would be the best way to stack these cabs and why would it be the best way?

Bergie HT-310 and HT-322

Randy

2. Id set them side by side, but thats just me.

3. chaotick

chaotick

Aug 15, 2006
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    I'd sit them side by side, one upside down so the speakers make a ><.

Honestly, don't ask me serious questions :rollno:

4. on top of each other, make the highest skinniest tower you can!

why?

because you can.

5. musicmanstingray.gif

6. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Well, these are different, but with the ancient beasts known as Thiele cabinets (I think that's how you spell it), there was a science to it. If you stacked them with the ports lined up (as in the photo above), you got a clearer, punchier sound. Stacking them with the ports together but in the middle (one cabinet would have to be upside down) was also supposed to achieve this.
    Separating the ports was supposed to lead to muddiness.

7. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Stack them vertically and try to get the HF drivers in a line. 322 on top to reduce boom, 310 on top for more bottom.

Alex

8. I tried it with the HT-322 on top of the HT-310 and really liked the way it sounded.. I guess I will keep it this way.

Randy

9. what no pics?

10. Sorry Chop,

But I have not a camera to take any pics with.. heck.. I am lucky that I have a puter that I know how to use..

Randy