Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best way to wire 2 preamps together???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I need a little advice on what the best way to wire two preamps together is. I currently own an ada mb-1, powered by a Mackie 1400i into 2 mesa boogie RR 4x10 cabs. Pretty soon I'll be buying a svt-pro preamp and I'm not sure how to tie all this together. I'm sort of sure my bass will run out to the ampeg then ada and finally the mackie, but if theres a better way I'd love the advice.:confused: Do I do some kind of cross wiring between the preamps with the a send, b recieve or the a recieve, b send ports in the rear of the ada?

2. arfur

arfur

Nov 26, 2001
    London, UK
    Wouldn't you chuck the ada pre-amp at the cat and just use the SVP?
    If you wanted to use both of them were you thinking of running them one at a time or running the signal from one pre-amp into the other?

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was thinking one into another and honestly why would'nt I keep the ada and save the cat:confused: ?

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if you were thinking of using the ada for effects - put it into the effects loop of the ampeg.

i don't know any other reason why you'd want to keep it - unless you wanted to a/b them? then get an a/b box i'd think....

jason

5. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well another warwick lover could'nt be wrong:D . Just out of curiosity how much do you think I could get for the ADA:confused: ?

6. I just bought my ADA MB-1 for around $290. I would A/B the SVT with it though, because I personally love the sound of the ADA, and I think it would be cool to be able to switch inbetween that and the ADA midi capabilities.