Best Weezer Album ?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by morty25, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Weezer (the blue album)

29 vote(s)
  2. Pinkerton

29 vote(s)
  3. Circa

0 vote(s)
  4. The Green Album

3 vote(s)
  5. Maladroit

2 vote(s)
  1. Hey im looking to buy a weezer album but i dont know which one to get so could you please help by voting in the poll! :D
  2. Circa?! Last time I checked that album doesn't exist! :D
    I'd say Pink or Blue, terrific albums.
  3. yeh it does cause it says it on
  4. Rien

Rien Guest

Oct 6, 2001
    exists. I'm positive.
    But, get blue, then pinkerton, then MAladroit, then Green.

Blue is awesome.
    One of the, if not the greatest pop rock albums of all time.

5. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    well, i would sugest getting the blue album to see if you really like them, then go from there. pinkerton is my favorite tho, but you hafta really be into the weezer sound for that one to work for you usually. green would be my least favorite, but still worth getting eventually.
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Pinkerton-beautiful and emotional; one of the greatest college albums EVER
    Blue-just completely rocks
  7. Get Blue or Pink, stay as FAR from the green album as possible. I'm convinced that is, by far, the worst cd ever. Its the worst cd I own, at least. Bland rock, eww.
  8. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    blue or pinkerton.

i voted blue but i love pinkerton. maladroit is okay. green just plain sucks. no.. take that back.. it really sucks.. im not sure what you mean by circa.. if its the bsides cd, then that would be a good investment. some of weezers best songs, IMO, are bsides.
  9. Blue and Pinkerton are beasts.

Rivers hasn't been the same since his depression days.
  10. I'm no Weezer guru but I say Pinkerton. Enjoy.
  11. Is there seriously ANY question!?!?!?

PINKERTON!!! Blue is a DISTANT second, with Maladriot trailing that way, way behind, then Green Album even further, it's a worthless piece of flotsam.

12. ok.....who voted for the green album?
  13. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Id go with blue, I bought it like 3 or 4 years ago and I still listen to it a lot.
  14. Pink

Green and maladroit are both good, but just can't stand up to Pink and Blue.

I take that back actually....Maladroit would prolly be better to me...but haven't had as much time to listen to yet. Cool stuff going on.
  15. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    For me there's no question Blue is my favourite, by far.
  16. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    then pinkerton

then you must understand the thinking behind green....their label demanded a commercial wasnt their fault....ok, now that that's out of the way...get maladroit, then the 5th cd (that hastn been released yet) then get every record after that...then, and only then, should you get green...

17. Man, that's just the thing. Record sales do not equal worth of the album. Big fans of weezer tend to regard Pinkerton as the leader...but it's a real tough call between that and blue.

And most big fans of weezer tend to like the songs off of blue that didn't get radio play.

And I happen to like green. It's not the best, but it's something different...and they've done it well. IMHO. Commercial success...not really. But Island in the Sun being used on the royal carribean ad was kinda....odd to me. But in a good way lol. At least I remember it's royal carribean lol.
  18. i think their best album is "pinkerton," by much raw emotion and the songs are as catchy, while being a little more quirky, than the blue album songs. however, as an intro album to weezer, the blue album is the best. it was their first and when i think of a the typical weezer song, i think of the songs on the blue album. it's the best way to get to know their sound, and then to hear what they've done with that sound since (which in the case of pinkerton, is toughening up the sound a bit...and in the case of the last two albums, crapping it up a lot!)

and in case you havent heard this enough, stay away from either of the new albums, especially the green album...just awful.

19. Mindwolf

Jan 12, 2001
    Pinkerton is definetly the way to go. If you can only buy one album, get Pink. You'll like both Blue and Pink, but after a while, Pink will grow on you, and you'll really get attached to the songs, and the album as a whole will just mean more to you than the Blue. But buy Blue soon after, because it still rocks.

Also, Pink has the creepiest long-distance stalking song ever in "Across the Sea," and I still get slightly weirded out when I listen to it.
  20. Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    im not a big weezer fan, but id have to vote for the blue one because it was one of the first records i owned (behind ricky nelson and weather report's heavy weather) and it has that buddy holley song, ROCK!