Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Wireless in the $400 range?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GraffixNyc, Jul 30, 2004.

1. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Hey I live in NYC and mostly gig is small/medium size clubs I want a wireless system but I hear a alot of talk about a lot of them on the market not being good for basses because you will lose some low end. Can someone recomend a wireless system in the $400 price range that 1. Has the least interference and 2. Has the least signal loss
    Thanks

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If you can find a used Xwire, they are the best ever made. I have seen them go for $400 a few times on Ebay.

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    On the other hand, I've seen them sell at around $600 on eBay also. I do agree that the Xwire is the best out there. The biggest problem is that they aren't made any more. :(

As for currently available units, don't touch the VHF units. There is just too much interference in the VHF bands.

UHF units are generally much more reliable.

I myself use a Sennheiser digital wireless which is based on the Xwire technology. It is not as good as the Xwire, but it is very good. I've played a few different venues and haven't had any problems with it.

4. GraffixNyc

GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    IS the Sennheiser 1000 wireless system a good system? This guy is adverting it as digital

5. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    I've got one of those that I really like. It is 24 bit digital UHF. The best part is that it doesn't roll off until 20 Hz. The worst part is that it will eat a battery in 4 hours.

They sell for around $258 on various websites.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I have one too and I love it. Its designed off the X-Wire techonology.

Only one thing. Buy rechargeable bateries.