Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Wishes to Jack Bruce!!! (merged w/ we nearly lost...)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dude, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    This in this evening:

OCTOBER 15, 2003

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Jack Bruce Recovers Well

Please find below a personal statement from the Bruce family concerning Sanctuary Records artist Jack Bruce.

"After Jack was diagnosed with liver cancer earlier this summer, we went through a very difficult period of uncertainty, not knowing whether it would be life threatening. Jack spent 3 weeks on and off in hospital for examinations. When we were told Jack could have a liver transplant, then we knew that there was real hope and we were overjoyed! In reality what it meant was waiting for a donor and then having the operation, which went very well. Unfortunately there was a rejection of the new liver, infection and then kidney failure. Anyhow Jack had his successful transplant on 19th September 2003 and after being very critical for a period in which we almost lost him, Jack is now making a successful recovery. The whole family is very relieved, that Jack will be with us for many years and obviously we are looking forward to more new songs, concerts and records to come! I am sure all the fans all over the world will feel the same as the Bruce Family.

"We hope you will enjoy and celebrate the new album 'More Jack Than God' which was released by Sanctuary Records worldwide almost on the day of Jack's transplant. The pictures in the album booklet could well have been the last pictures of Jack. He has proved us wrong, after all, he is a strong Scotsman!

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge for the dedication and expertise they have shown".
    The Bruce Family

Needless to say, Sanctuary Records sends best wishes to Jack and his family and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Joe Cokell, CEO Sanctuary Records Group, says:
    "Jack Bruce, apart from being one of the finest & talented artists in the Sanctuary family, has also shown through the past couple of months his inner strength and determination in fighting off this very serious illness. We look forward to his complete recovery and a full and active return to the musical world that he has been part of for more than 4 decades. Jack's new album 'More Jack Than God' released in September has received glowing reviews and it is testament to Jack's creative talent that he is producing work of such stature here and now."

www.jackbruce.com
    www.sanctuaryrecordsgroup.com

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Great news and best wishes for a speedy recovery to a true musical giant :)

-robert

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  4. What more can I say?

5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Very well put. My sentiments exactly.

6. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    :eek:

Wow!! The family sure kept that quiet didn't they? Got to give them credit though, for keeping the positive attitude. That's 90 % of the battle!

It's good to hear that he's doing well.

Best wishes to Mr. Bruce and his family !!!

7. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Thanks for sharing dude I had no idea! Best wishes once again for Jack!!

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    get well, Jack!!

9. What a fighter he is!

All my best to you Jack!

[​IMG]
    Treena

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"As You Said".

11. zillo

zillo

Jun 5, 2003
    So I dug out my copy of the Very Best of Cream. Sheesh.

Mr. Bruce provides a pretty amazing bass lesson on these tunes..and he recorded this stuff, what 35 years ago or so?

It's good he'll be around for a while, both for he and his friends and family, and for us bass players to listen to and learn from!

Hope the healing is quick and uneventful.