1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best years of the Fender P,P/J, and Jazz Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Outlaw_son, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Outlaw_son

Outlaw_son

Mar 8, 2007
    Omahell
    Since I starded playing bass Ive picked up a Washburn P&J, a Ibanez BTB, and a Musicman Stingray 4. I love everything about my "ray" and love the looks of my BTB but I really aint diggin the sound of my BTB or Washburn. So I think Im gonna get rid of em and get a nice fender jazz and fender p-bass. I never really liked the look of them and definately never liked the look of jazz basses period. However after listening to these types of basses, it doesn't even bother me anymore. The tone these basses put out are just beautiful. I have come to appreciate jazz and p-basses ALOT in the last few months. Anyways I've decided I want my first p-bass and jazz to be fender brand. Seems like a good place to start.

So Ive been looking into the MIM Fenders, and I want to know is there any peticular year(s) that the MIM fenders were at their best? Um... best sounding and improved quality parts? Oh and the same for the fender P/J bass. Thanks.

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I have owned several early and mid nineties mim Fenders and they have been great value for money. I would strongly suggest buying used because they can be had cheap but if possible try before you buy. There are good ones and bad ones out there.