Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bethlehem, PA

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by godoze, Dec 23, 2002.

1. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    went there today for the first time (i've live d in SE Pa for 5 years now. Seems like a cool little town. I know a couple of you cats are from that area; what's worth checking out ?

2. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    I've never been to Bethlehem, but I really would like to visit Martin guitars in nearby Nazareth, PA. I understand they offer true factory tours on the actual production lines where Martin basses and guitars are built. Now I just need a day to myself to make the journey from the Baltimore area.

3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Trees, lots and lots of trees, oh yeah, and a steel plant...have fun...Nothing in PA...hehehe

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    where in the Baltimore area are you ? I'm from LInthicum

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Bethlehem is a really nice town.
    Best eating in the area..(EDGE, Apollo Grille, Starfish, Cafe Havana)
    Great Bars...(BrewWorks/Steelgaarden, Tallyho)
    Great clubs for original music...(Godfrey Daniels, Funhouse, Beerbelly's)

The best thing about Bethlehem are the fesivals (Musikfest, Celtic Classic).

I live in Nazareth. Great place to live. But for a dinner/drinks out with my wife, I go to Bethlehem.

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    we stopped in a pizza place, i think it was at New st. and market? i know we were in the historic district. seems like a cool little town. We are going to check it out a little more in depth after the holidays... when are these festivals ?