1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bethlehem, PA

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by godoze, Dec 23, 2002.

1. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    went there today for the first time (i've live d in SE Pa for 5 years now. Seems like a cool little town. I know a couple of you cats are from that area; what's worth checking out ?

2. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    I've never been to Bethlehem, but I really would like to visit Martin guitars in nearby Nazareth, PA. I understand they offer true factory tours on the actual production lines where Martin basses and guitars are built. Now I just need a day to myself to make the journey from the Baltimore area.

3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Trees, lots and lots of trees, oh yeah, and a steel plant...have fun...Nothing in PA...hehehe

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    where in the Baltimore area are you ? I'm from LInthicum

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Bethlehem is a really nice town.
    Best eating in the area..(EDGE, Apollo Grille, Starfish, Cafe Havana)
    Great Bars...(BrewWorks/Steelgaarden, Tallyho)
    Great clubs for original music...(Godfrey Daniels, Funhouse, Beerbelly's)

The best thing about Bethlehem are the fesivals (Musikfest, Celtic Classic).

I live in Nazareth. Great place to live. But for a dinner/drinks out with my wife, I go to Bethlehem.

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    we stopped in a pizza place, i think it was at New st. and market? i know we were in the historic district. seems like a cool little town. We are going to check it out a little more in depth after the holidays... when are these festivals ?