1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bets online store for strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Chinguschild, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    This is starting to get ridiculous. No way in hell is a set of super slinkys worth 40-50 bucks. I love to buy local and support my music shop. I dont like getting screwed.

Is there any online shop in particular I should look at for strings before I do the musicians friend thing?

2. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
  3. Beyer160

Beyer160

Dec 20, 2008
    NC
    I just made my first order with www.stringsandbeyond.com last week- good selection (of strings, anyway), good price, fast shipping. I'm pleased.

4. Yeah me too!!
    And I'm 9000Km far frome them :D

5. Yeah I'm 100,000 light yrs from home too & the damn Aus $$$ makes those prices almost DOUBLE!!!!!! :-(

6. Sorry, but......

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

7. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    I just bought 6 sets of DR Hi Beams from an eBay store for ~$110. That is about the best deal I have come across.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
  9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  10. I normally go on Ebay. There are normally a lot of EShops that will sell strings at a lot lower cost than your "friendly local store". I have also had some real bargains where i have bid on a set of strings that someone has bought by mistake - i put a silly bid in and forget about it. 3 days later i have an email saying that i have purchased some Rotosounds for £10! That said, i am going through an "experimental" stage again and like trying all different kinds of strings in search of the MUTHA of all strings.

11. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    the perfect bass got it but it still looks like Im gonna have to head on over to Musicians friend for the Stainless slinky's unless I skipped past something.

Thats ok though. I only use them on my Dan Electro

12. reidar otto

reidar otto

Jun 13, 2006
    Oslo Norway
    Here comes another vote for Strings and Beyond, just awesome service, friendly people, very fast delivery and with big rebates, you could not ask for more.
    I live in Norway 10 0000 miles away, had my strings 4 days after I ordered them. Very nice indeed!
    http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/

13. +10 - Awesome selection, they have bundles and singles of just about ANYTHING you could want, decent prices, really quick turnaround.

14. I have been using juststrings.com lately, as I am tired of my local music store not carrying much of anything other than d'addarios or earnies.
    And forget anything 5 string... aint gonna happen,...
    Oh they will order something in, but 2 or 3 weeks...... forget it.

Ed

15. always remember... most stores will match online prices, just know what you can get them for.
    I was at GC and wasnt sure of the price but just said something around what I thought... the guy looked them up on the computer and found them for less then what I said!! And right now GC is giving 10% of the difference!!!

16. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Juststrings.com is a great store, but unfortunately they only offer express shipping to my country and that makes strings really expensive for me, not only because of S&H but because added import taxes. Last time I bought strings online (haven't done it in a while) I chose this site and was 100% satisfied.

17. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    +1 for juststrings.com. Although I have yet to try the talkbass promo on perfectbass.

18. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008