Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Better 5 string bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FatStrings, Dec 26, 2001.

1. FatStrings

FatStrings

Nov 16, 2001
    Southern NH
    Hi, can I get anyone's opinions on a good 5 string bridge, especially for the low B.

I have an early 90's Carvin with a Wilkinson bridge, what a piece of crap (bridge not the bass).

Occasionally I'll look down because of a wierd buzzing noise to find one or more of the hieght adjusting set screws backed off and loosely vibrating. And I'm not really happy with the low B, and i'm pretty sure it's the bridges fault. Changed to DR Highbeams, sound way better but still not great.

I have a Schaller 4 string bridge on a bass I put together and I really like it, so I think thats what I'd like for my 5'er.
    Help me out guys/gals.
    FatStrings

2. I always recommend the Schaller for having the most adjustments and great value.

There's a guy on ebay that's got new 5 string versions for around $35

3. FatStrings

FatStrings

Nov 16, 2001
    Southern NH
    Thanks Hambone, I found it on ebay. Should arrive in a few days. I got it for $40 plus ship, great price!