Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

better bass body...Warmoth or USA custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jivetkr, Jul 29, 2003.

1. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    In your opinions & experience, is there a difference in quality between these 2 companies bass bodies?

I'm putting together a super jazz with a moses neck & I want to get the right body but I have no experience with parts.

Let me know.

2. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    I have a warmoth that I'm pretty happy with. It's a little on the light side-- it could use a little more heft. But my other bass is an L-200 that weighs a ton, so go figure.

One thing on making a super-jazz, I orgionally had EMG's that just didn't do it for me. Too much of a sizzle high-end tone. I had to put in Bart's before the sound really worked for me.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    one thing to consider- if you are doing a five string- I believe Warmoth uses the downsized body as in the Fende American Deluxe Jazz- and USACG uses a full sized body like the Standard Jazz- Im pretty sure of this, though not 100%
    if you are considering necks- Warmoths are heavy because they use steel rods- USACG uses graphite, reulting in a lighter neck- but bodies should be about the same..

4. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Oh yeah, the body on mine is a dinky-j, sort of a mini-J body.