Better Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by fueljunky, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fueljunky

Sep 30, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am knew to the message board so I was wondering who you guys think the better bessist is Cliff Burton or Jason Newsted. Personally I like Newsted and his style more.
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    The answer to your question can be found by pressing the book picture and putting a tick in the delete box.
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Dude, can I quote this in my sig?
  5. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Be my guest
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hey, I like dodge ball, you guys wanna play dodge ball?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Well man they are 2 diffrent players but if i had to pick my favorite it would be Jason. He is a real solid focused player his love for playing and making music is just out of this world. Jason i find is a better show man compared to cliff. Cliff could bang but jason well you have to see him, it's no wonder he had to leave because he destroyed his back. I think Jason was playing at his best on the S&M project you should watch it they sell it on tape and DVD. Jason has been a BIG influence on my playing he could have done a LOT moore for METALLICA if he was allowed to which he wasent. ;)
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    this has been done several times here. do a search please. btw, welcome to talk bass. please read the newbie faq's in any forum that has one before posting.

enjoy your stay

much love
    mama cass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.