Better BAT Pharaoh demos?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MarshallLaw, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I know the Pharaoh is a popular fuzz around here... It looks really versatile and I am definitely interested, but the bass demos on BAT's page aren't great. I couldn't find anything better on YouTube. I'd like to see/hear something that showcases more setting and features.

2. Anyone?

I searched TB and found one demo that sounded pretty cool/better than BAT's demo... but that's it.

3. I know driven crane goes on about it, not sure if he can try record a demo I he still has it? Calling @Driven Crane

4. It rips, just buy it :D

5. I won't be able to afford it for at least a few weeks, but I might just pull the trigger when I can. I had been leaning heavily towards an EQD Hoof, but the Pharaoh looks like it's pretty much the same thing but with more options.

theunknowndude likes this.
  6. I can’t afford it yet but I’m really liking the idea of the hoof... just giving me so much GAS!

7. Dj Bebel

Dj Bebel

Jul 8, 2017
    Hey ! Was dicking around and saw this thread.

I actually own both, the hoof is smooth and sound really big, but it takes off some low end.

The pharaoh is much clearer and keep the bottom end making it more beefy. In term of sounds possibilities it's awesome ! You can go from light OD to massive fuzz to synth fuzz. You also got the diode selector... I'm not gonna describe the whole pedal i guess you know it.

8. fuzzspiral

fuzzspiral

Dec 8, 2018
    Italy
    Hi @Dj Bebel, do you think is redundant with a EHX Green Russian Reissue, if you have any experience with it? I read that the Pharaoh is based on muffs...thank you

9. Dj Bebel

Dj Bebel

Jul 8, 2017
    Yeah it's muff-based but it's smoother and more middy sounding than a Green Muff.

I never used the EHX Reissue, but i have a pedal which is Green Muff based and it sounds way more scooped and hairy. It's clearly wilder than the Pharaoh.

Pharaoh is for people who want a beefy fuzz sound that retains a bit of clarity.

fuzzspiral likes this.
  10. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    Quite so. I think of it as almost a bass trombone voice, but quite different of course without the brass attack envelope or bounce, more of a medium onslaught.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021